California Residents – California Consumer Privacy Act
What Categories of Information Does Reliant Collect?
Reliant may collect and use Personal Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be directly or indirectly linked, with a consumer, device, or household (“Personal Information”).
Reliant regularly collects and has collected in the last twelve (12) months the following types of Personal Information offline and your activity on Reliant’s website regarding accounts we service. Reliant regularly discloses and has disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following types of Personal Information for one or
more business purposes:
||Name, address, email address, Social Security number, date of birth, IP Address, or other similar identifier
||Contact and financial information
|Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law
||Age, marital status, sex, and veteran or military
||Information about past transactions
|Internet or Similar Network Activity Information
||Browsing history, search history, information about a consumer’s interaction with our website
|Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information
|Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information
||Certain inferences concerning an individual’s preferences and characteristics
|Professional or employment-related information
||Information related to employment
Reliant will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information collected for materially different purposes without providing you notice.
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as (but not limited to) information governed by the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the California Confidentiality of
Medical Information Act (“CMIA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
(“GLBA”), California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of
The Categories of Sources From Whom We Collected This Personal Information Are:
- Directly from you or your authorized representative(s);
- Service providers, business partners and data resellers; and/or
- Websites, such as social networks.
The Categories of Third Parties to Whom We Disclosed Personal Information for Our Business Purposes Described in This Privacy Disclosure Are:
- Vendors and service providers who provide such services as payment processing, printing services, and communication services;
- Business partners who provide services such as legal expertise; and/or
- Government Agencies as required by laws and regulations.
How Reliant Collects Your Personal Information
Reliant collects most of this Personal Information from our clients or directly from you or your authorized representative(s) via telephone, written communications, or your activity on Reliant’s website. However, Reliant may also collect information from publicly accessible sources and from our service providers.
Why Does Reliant Collect This Personal Information?
Reliant uses the Personal Information above for the following purposes:
- Providing you with information and services;
- Verifying your identity;
- Performing services on behalf of our clients related to your account(s);
- Conducting data analysis;
- Improving customer service;
- Processing your payment(s);
- Auditing related to consumer interactions;
- Detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Ensuring compliance with all other applicable laws and regulations;
- Responding to civil, criminal, or regulatory requests;
- Identifying and debugging errors that impair functionality;
- Permissible short-term transient use;
- As appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others; and/or
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise described in the CCPA.
Reliant regularly discloses and has disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following types of Personal Information for one or more business purposes: Name, address, email address, Social Security number, date of birth, employment information, IP Address, or other similar identifier, contact information, payment and financial information, age, marital status, sex, and veteran or military status, audio information, and information collected or shared pursuant to HIPAA, GLBA, FCRA, DPPA, and/or other applicable privacy laws.
Does Reliant Sell Any Personal Information?
Reliant does not sell any consumer Personal Information and will not sell your Personal Information under the CCPA.
CCPA Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides California consumers with certain additional rights regarding their Personal Information.
Right to Request
You have the right to request that we disclose the categories of Personal Information Reliant has collected, used, or disclosed about you in the preceding 12-month period. We must also provide you with a summary of the purposes for which the categories of Personal Information were collected. We must also provide you the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, if any, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Once you submit an access request, you may also separately request a portable copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information Reliant has collected about you. This request is subject to heightened verification.
Reliant will disclose the applicable information specified above to you upon receipt of your verifiable consumer request (see “Submitting a Verifiable Consumer Request” section below).
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information subject to the various exceptions provided in the CCPA (see “Submitting a Verifiable Consumer Request” section below).
Please note: Deletion requests are subject to certain exceptions.
Reliant may deny your deletion request if we are acting in the role of a service provider to another business regarding the applicable Personal Information. If we deny your request on that basis, we will generally refer you to the relevant business. In addition, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Reliant or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and Reliant;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information; or
- If another CCPA or applicable exception applies.
Submitting a Verifiable Consumer Request
In order to protect your information, we can only honor access or deletion requests upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. Your request must provide information that enables us to verify your identity in order for us to respond.
You agree to respond to any reasonable requests from us for additional information to enable us to verify your identity in connection with your access or deletion requests.
You may submit a verifiable consumer request after January 1, 2020 by either of the following methods:
- Contacting us toll- free by telephone at (833) 755-0414 from Monday through Friday between 8am and 4:30PM ET; or
- Completing the CCPA request form here.
Upon receiving a request, we will attempt to verify your identity and will respond within no more than forty-five (45) days as required by the CCPA. If Reliant reasonably needs additional time to comply, Reliant will notify you of such no more than forty-five (45) days after receipt of your verifiable consumer request.
Once you have submitted a valid data access request, you will be issued a reference number which may be used to submit either a deletion or specific information request (subject to heightened verification). For either of these requests, simply email your data access reference number and the type of request to CCPA@reliant-cap.com.
Please note that we are not required to:
- Provide the requested information disclosure if a CCPA or applicable exemption applies.
- Provide the requested information disclosure if we are unable to verify the individual making the request is the individual about whom we collected information or is someone authorized to act on such individual’s behalf.
- Retain Personal Information about you collected for a single, one-time transaction if in the ordinary course of business, that information about you is not sold or retained.
Provide the requested information disclosure more than twice in a 12-month period.
- Re-identify or otherwise link information that is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal information.
Authorized Agent Designation
California residents have the right to designate an authorized person or corporate entity to exercise rights granted to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). To make this designation, California residents may complete and submit this form here.
Right To Nondiscrimination
Reliant will not discriminate against you because you elect to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA including, but not limited to:
- Denying a good or service to you;
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or benefits or imposing penalties on you;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Contact For More Information
If you have questions or concerns about Reliant’s privacy policies and/or practices, you may reach a representative at (833) 755-0414.
Last Updated: 7/2/2020